Lenskart is a renowned eyewear company which is based in the national capital of the country. Currently, the company has around 410+ stores in 80+ cities across. The company was started in the year 2010 and celebrated its 9th anniversary this year. Currently, Lenskart has 1000+ employees and is owned by Valyoo Technologies.
Lenkart retails its optical products from various brands such as Sprint, Vintage, Bausch & Lomb, Johnson & Johnson, Fastrack, Oakley etc.
Product and offerings:
Lenkart primarily deals in eye wears and offers a huge collection and variety to its customers such as:
- Eyeglasses: It offers eyeglasses for both men and female. It offers glasses in 20+ shapes, 20+ styles and 15+ colours.
- Sunglasses: Lenskart is known for providing premium sunglasses or aviators in different styles and colours for both men and women. Over 10,000+ sunglasses options are displayed at the lenskart website.
- Contact Lenses: It also provides contact lenses in various colours and according to time duration such as everyday use, weekly use, yearly use etc.
Lenskart was founded by Peyush Bansal who was an ex-employee of Microsoft. Along with him the co-founders were Amit Chaudhary and Sumeet Kapahi. In the year 2017, Lenskart had appointed Saurabh Bansal, the former Snapdeal Executive as the Senior Vice President in Lenskart.
Currently, Katrina Kaif if the brand ambassador of Lenskart. The company heavily invests in digital marketing and has done a recent TVC with the very famous comedian Bhavan Bum.
- Peyush Bansal: He is the CEO and founder of Lenskart.
- Amit Chaudhary: He is the co-founder of Lenskart.
- Sumeet Kapahi: C0-founder of Lenskart.
In the year 2011, October Lenskart had received its very first round of funding for about $4 million from IDG Ventures. Next in 2013, Lenskart had received another sum of $10 million from Ronnie Screwvala’s venture: Unilazer. Then in 2015, Lenkart raised $22 million in a Series C round which was led by a private equity firm known as TPG Capital IDG Ventures and TR Capital which was Hong Kong-based. In 2016, Lenskart raised a funding of $60 million in round D series from an International Finance corporation: TPG Growth.
Awards and Recognition:
- In 2016, Lenskart won a gold award in the category of: Flagship IT Innovation – Micro, small and medium enterprises.
- In 2016, it won a silver award in the category of: Prestigious E-commerce at the press I.T. Awards.
About IGTOK Igtok is a great app, but it has a lot of pitfalls that can make it difficult …